Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Time marches on

Wow - a whole year since my last post... The person who I was going to donate a kidney to is still doing pretty darn good, no kidney needed yet - and he is not on dialysis. I still stand ready to donate to him, but UCSF Medical Center has totally disappeared off the radar screen. As soon as their study was completed, he never heard another word from them that they were still trying to find a donor for him. Guess we will wait and see how his health does. If things go bad, I don't think he will turn to them again, and maybe some other facility will OK my perfect-match donation...

1 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Anonymous SANDY said...

I STUMBLED ACROSS YOUR LOG TONIGHT AND FOUND IT QUITE INTERESTING. MY SISTER JUST STARTED DYALISIS(NOT SURE ON THAT SPELLING) ABOUT 6 WEEKS AGO. SHE WAS DOING OK FOR ABOUT 2YRS ,THEN SHE GOT SICK AND IT WAS TIME. SHE IS IN DENVER AND I AM IN MICHIGAN. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU MUST BE 100% IN PERFECT HEALTH AND FITNESS,WHEN THEY CAN TAKE A KIDNEY FROM LET SAY, AN ACCIDENT VICTIM. A MATCH IS A MATCH ,NO? MAYBE I WATCH TO MUCH TV.THEY DONT KNOW THE HISTORY OF THAT VICTIM. ANY WAY MY SISTER DIDNT KNOW SHE WAS BAD UNTILL SHE WENT ON DYALISIS. SHE FEELS GREAT NOW.SHE IS THE HEALTHY ONE,NEVER DRANK OR SMOKED. I TEASE HER AND TELL HER SHE SHOULD HAVE .WELL IM GONNA CHECK IN EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE TO SEE HOW YOUR FRIEND AND YOURSELF ARE DOING. TAKE CARE P.S. I FOUND YOU BY GOOGLING-HOW DO YOU BECOME A LIVING KIDNEY DONOR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home