Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Back in the Race!

Oh Yes - I am back in the race again, after stopping out for a mechanical, to use cycling terminology.

Just got called by the UCSF Transplant Center Coordinator, and they are willing to continue my testing to become a donor for my friend. My lab tests showed such improvement that they are willing to continue. I have to schedule two days worth of testing, such as echocardiogram, a twenty-four hour blood pressure monitoring, twenty-four hour urine collection, and bring them the results of my latest eye exam. Specifically, what they want from the eye exam testing is to see that the blood vessels in my eyes showed no damage from blood pressure. As the doc I saw up there last time said, “ The eyes are the windows to the kidneys”.

So, here we go again, and I hope that my body tells them that I am healthy and ready to donate. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home