Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Eyes Have It...

Quick update.... The Kidney Transplant Coordinator at UCSF requested info from my eye doc, Peter Taylor of Family Eyecare Center in Campbell. He responded the same afternoon that I contacted him - How cool is that?

Dr. Taylor confirmed to them in a letter that my most recent eye exam showed no indicators of anything that would indicate kidney disease, or any kind of health problem. When I was at UCSF for my testing in January, one of the docs told me that the eyes are the windows to the kidneys. So this is a bit of very good news in my attempts to be confirmed as a donor for my friend.

My next two-day series of tests are confirmed for June 6th and 7th in SF, mostly at the Mt. Zion facility, I guess. So I have to ante up for a motel again - I found one that is not inexpensive, but it is less than two miles from the Mt. Zion hospital.

I'll write more after my testing.....

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang in there, kiddo!

Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home