Tuesday, December 12, 2006

OK, back on track, or should I say treadmill, again. Pain-free workout yesterday, with no after effects on my silly Achilles thingy. Still in the holding pattern for the final testing day.

Thinking about how I will modify my Holiday eating and drinking patterns... Moderation, I guess, is the key word for the Christmas feasting. I'm told to watch the protein and alcohol consumption so I will have acceptable creatanine levels, which impact the GFR levels. I'm told that the GFR levels have to be normal or it's a no-go for the donation. Glomerular Filtration Rate is one test to measure your kidney function, and it can be done from a blood sample. I think that the UCSF Kidney Transplant Center also uses other, more sophisticated tests, too, which I will obviously undergo. However, I still can't figure out why they will want to do an endoscopy... Oh well, da ankle bone connecta to da thigh bone thing, I guess...

In any event, no party-hearty New Years Eve for me this year! Not with final testing day on January 3rd...

2 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I just decided that you're not getting your Christmas chocolates until after the transplant ;-)

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger -Scott (Campaign Manager) said...

Hi, I just posted a blog on our campaign MySpace page about your incredible effort. Keep us posted, this is great to hear about this process.

-Scott

http://www.myspace.com/donatelifeillinois

 

Post a Comment

<< Home