Friday, December 01, 2006

Three liters of water a day - try for four. OMG - I do not like water. You know what WC Fields said about water, “ I never touch the stuff, fish f---* in it.” I must say that I agree. However, my trainer, Pete, says at least three liters a day. So how are my days going? Drink, pee, drink, pee, drink, pee, repeat as needed... Oh yes, I exercise, eat, sleep and try to do some normal things in between, ya know, like working...

It seems like I have entered this vacuum in time. Donor Time Warp. Is this real and really going to happen? Absolutely no word about the kidney donation or any communication from anyone. I am in the Donor Black Hole of Time, I guess, waiting for D Day. Or rather waiting for T Day - the final testing on January 3rd. I was told that I would receive an information packet about two weeks before the test date, giving me all the stuff I need to know and do. Ya know, sweet little chores like collecting pee for 24 hours and stool samples.. Yeeech....

So I follow my program every day, and am on the treadmill, or the bike or lifting weights and feeling a bit of fatigue... Muscles still cursing at me, especially my calf muscles. Walked up a freeway overpass yesterday and felt like I was riding up Alpe d’Huez. Oh Yes, I do need a bit of work to get in shape, don’t I?

2 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger -Scott (Campaign Manager) said...

Hi, I just came across your blog and wanted to let you know how admirable this undertaking is. We're getting ready to launch a campaign here in Illinois to register organ donors, check out our blog if you get a chance. I look forward to continuing to read about your experience, thanks for writing!

-Scott
Donate Life Illinois campaign blog:
http://iam-areyou.blogspot.com/

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're amazing. Big supportive hug from Belgium.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home